In today’s 7x24x365, globally distributed business environments, workers in virtually every industry and business department face a number of challenges to business collaboration around various types of business content. In practical terms that means they need the ability to:
- Access large volumes of information quickly and easily
- Share the latest versions of business content (in multiple formats) seamlessly and securely with collaborators inside and outside the enterprise (i.e. colleagues, customers, business partners and vendors)
- See and monitor what’s being shared, by whom and with whom
- Manage user access to sensitive business content
- Work anywhere, anytime, using the productivity tools with which they’re already familiar, from any desktop, Web or mobile platform or device
- Verify that the organization is always in compliance with government and industry regulations
Whether you’re working in a law firm, architectural firm, broadcasting company, advertising or marketing organization, manufacturing company, consumer packaged goods company or nearly any other type of business, the project is the basic unit of work. Projects are conceived and executed in collaboration with multiple in-house and external collaborators, all of whom need access to business content. You need the ability, on demand, to store, share, sync, and send files from PCs, tablets, and smartphones while enabling centralized management of user access to files and integrated workflows. And, of course, you need to be able to do all of this with the assurance that the content on which you are collaborating is secure.
The Business Content Transportation and Sharing Problem
Part of the problem today is that the volume of content business users need to share and collaborate on in the course of doing their jobs is often very large and varied in format. They’re working with voluminous presentations, pdfs, video, audio, graphics, CAD and other types of files. Even humble word files, when they’re part of legal actions or discovery, for instance, can be huge. What’s more, email attachment and storage payloads have grown 20 times over the past 15 years while capacity has struggled to keep up. According to a recent IDC report, by 2020, there will be 10 times the number of servers, 50 times the amount of data and 75 times more files to manage.
Current Methods Fall Short
Email, while still the primary method for simple communications and document sharing, was never designed to transport large megabyte or gigabyte attachments. So it’s really no surprise that it hasn’t been an efficient or reliable tool for business content sharing. Having said this, today 95% of content sharing still happens in email, with 98% of email server volume being attachments.
FTP is also an unsatisfactory tool for facilitating business content collaboration. FTP systems are costly, complex and problematic in terms of maintenance, security and management capabilities (such as tracking, establishing access permissions and audit capabilities). Most important, business users dislike FTP to put it mildly. So, in many cases, they simply refuse to use it and work around it.
In the end, users just want to get the job done. In this era of consumerization of IT, if business users are not getting the devices or infrastructure services they require from IT, they will find their own ways of getting things done in order to complete their projects.
The key point is that the secure sharing of information and collaboration around business content is the foundation and “currency” of getting business done. That’s why conversations about the real-world business challenges to business content collaboration have taken on a level of unprecedented urgency.
What business users want, and what IT increasingly supports is to be able to collaborate using the applications they’re already using and with which they are already familiar. They’re looking for (and in many cases, unbeknownst to IT, have found) a solution that will facilitate business content collaboration while also providing the security, management controls, visibility and auditability the organization requires.
A Business Content Collaboration Solution Built Specifically for the Extended Enterprise
YouSendIt for Business is a solution that has been real-world tested and proven effective by over 37 million users worldwide, working in virtually every industry including 98% of the Fortune 500.
YouSendIt for Business is tailored specifically for enterprise business content sharing and collaboration, featuring tight integration with Microsoft tools and new enterprise policies to allow business users to share content beyond the firewall from desktop, Web and mobile devices and applications — with enterprise-class security and the ease of email.
YouSendIt for Business makes accessing, sharing and managing content between customers, suppliers and partners easier and more secure, so users can collaborate, make decisions and close business faster
Because it integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Active Directory, Outlook, Exchange and now SharePoint, IT can maximize existing investments and business users can continue working from the tools and in the workflows and environments with which they are most comfortable.
YouSendIt for Business accelerates business by eliminating the barriers to secure management and sharing of business content between colleagues, partners and customers.
It’s Easy to Manage Your YouSendIt for Business by YouSendIt Deployment
Because YouSendIt for Business was developed from the start to meet the needs and requirements of businesses of all sizes, we have integrated a rich suite of Enterprise Management Services(EMS) to optimize its efficiency and effectiveness in your business environment. These services enable:
Integrated User Management
- Seamless user provisioning and password management
- Single sign-on for users
- Large group deployment with Microsoft Active Directory integration
- Implement centralized policies for acceptable use.
- Recipient verification
- File retention rules
- Security settings
- Client configurations
- Mobile device policies
Reporting and Auditing
- High-level dashboard provides visibility into users and usage
- File tracking and ability to obtain return receipts
- Drill down capability for specific users or files
- Detailed transaction logs
Enterprise-Class Security In Transit and At Rest
- Enforce the highest level of security through setting password policies for receipt or accessing files, expiration setting for files, as well as allowing and disallowing users.
- YouSendIt data centers have received a SOC 2 Type 2 report.
- Data at rest is encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption.
- All data in transit is encrypted using 128-bit SSL encryption with class 3 certificates.
- PCI and TRUSTe compliant.
We’re Always Here If You Need Us
Of course, as easy to deploy, use and manage as YouSendIt for Business is, we provide:
- 24x7x365 support via email, chat and dedicated account managers.
- Developer resources.
- Real-time infrastructure monitoring, and Incident management to ensure you’re able to keep your business moving.
You Don’t Have to Struggle Anymore
Globalization, fierce competition and ever-increasing customer expectations make it hard enough to run a successful business today. You shouldn’t have to divert people and budget to create and maintain your own business content sharing and collaboration solution. Not when YouSendIt is just a call or click away.
Call YouSendIt at 877.652.1878 or visit us on the Web at www.yousendit.com/business to find out how you can increase your productivity, slash your costs and focus more of your attention on keeping your business moving and growing.